Two Night Stay at Oko'e Bay
Aloha All,
Departed Okoe Bay mid-morning. The last time we were here was in December of 2017. I don’t remember Okoe being as wonderful as it was on this visit.
The water was crystal clear morning, noon and night. Visibility was excellent both above and below the waterline. With the full moon you could clearly see the shadow of Puanani on the bottom, 30 feet down.
What was particularly encouraging was the healthy coral growing all over the bay. The reefs close to shore were teaming with fish. Aquarium type fish. We were hoping the spinner dolphins performing off shore would pay us a visit but I don’t think we rated very high on their list as an audience. Oh well!
We are motoring north toward Kealakekua Bay where we plan to spend the next day or two exploring. About a 20 mile trip. I’m sure it’ll be amazing.
Fishing lines are out and confidence is high. I’ll let you know.
Take care and stay well.
logan
Makao'io'i at Anchor in Oko'e Bay Under Night Vision
Comments
Post a Comment