Homeward Bound!
Aloha All, again,
We did a little hiking along the shoreline of Waikolu Bay. The cliffs there are extremely dramatic. The trade winds blow in and get directed then redirected along the steep walls and shoot downdrafts onto the water’s surface. This makes for abrupt wind shifts in the bay. We seemed to be tucked into an eddy in the corner so it really didn’t affect us until later in the afternoon.
Jonathan took an opportunity to launch his drone and capture some breathtaking footage of Puanani and Makaòiòi at anchor. I’ll share a link to the footage in a later post.
We left Waikolu early this morning and immediately deployed the fishing lines. This is our last ditch effort to redeem ourselves and catch just one, please just one, real fish before arriving back at Kaneohe.
I’ll update you before I close out this chapter on our COVID-19 Stacation Around The Islands Cruise.
Everyone take care and stay well.
logan
Statue Found Hiking Along The Beach At Waikolu Bay
Makao'io'i In The Pre Dawn Mist Prior To Departure To Oahu
I may have made a mistake on where that statue was found. More likely in the Marquesas.
ReplyDelete