Lazy Afternoon!
Aloha All,
Settled into the anchorage at Hanalei with no associated drama. Always a good sign. Went about readying for a couple of days stay here. I know right, breaks my heart!
Settled into the anchorage at Hanalei with no associated drama. Always a good sign. Went about readying for a couple of days stay here. I know right, breaks my heart!
My stalwart crewmate, Clay Hutchinson, and I decided the order and priority of work is: stow items only needed for underway; inflate the dinghy; place the outboard motor into operation. After that it’s on to swabbing the decks. Wait!
There’s still, some of that out-of-season north swell breaking on the point! “Clay, ferry me and a surfboard out to the lineup. We need to test the dinghy anyway!” “Don’t worry about picking me up after, I’ll paddle back to the boat.”
Caught a few nice chest high rights. Better not "kook-out" on my first time surfing here. Satisfied with some great water-time, I started paddling back to the boat. Big mistake! Not a good judge of distance.
Should have taken Clay up on his offer to come get me. Oh wells! Stop whining and get on with it. Made it to the boat just after dark. Just kidding. Time for a cold beverage and an afternoon nap.
Need to be fresh for Sundowners on MV Starr later this afternoon. It's a tough life but...
Take care and stay well.
Logan
Always Take a Surfboard or Two. You Never Know!
Comments
Post a Comment